Welcome to My Photography Blog

This is my new home, to see what I have posted before the move come over here


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Monochrome Maniacs - Family Bonds



I took this picture on Friday of my niece, my daughter and my sister. Every year between Christmas and the kids return to school my family gets together to exchange gifts and catch up.
We usually go to my cousin's house because that is easy for my sister (who takes mass transit) to get there. It is about an hour and a half for me and the visit is usually quite rushed.

My cousin D has 2 children (11 and 13), my sister has 2 (7 & 10) and my 2 are (3 & 5). It is great to get together because there is a natural ease. Honestly, this is the same ease I have with most of my girlfriends. However, this picture of my sister, my niece and my daughter reminds me of the ties that bind my family.

We only see each other 2-3 times a year but the comfort is still there. Look at my daughter's face. She is 3 and you can tell that she loves these two as if she sees them everyday.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly covers togetherness.

Carver said...

That's a great family shot. You all look so happy. http://carvercards.blogspot.com/

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful bond there!

EG CameraGirl said...

Getting together with family is wonderful, I agree!

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is a wonderful personal happy monochorme

Catherine said...

Wonderful presentation for your B&W family picture. I love the relationship between them all.

Barbara said...

Great family photo, everyone looking happy.

Anonymous said...

I so agree to that photo caption!

My mono photo is posted here. Please have a look if you have time. Thanks.

judi/Gmj said...

bonding is beautiful

Unknown said...

Wonderful seeing you guy getting together..Happy New Year.

michael bird said...

Little darlings...

Daryl said...

Togetherness indeed .. nice photo

Maria's Space said...

Aileni, It does right? Love this picture.

Carver, My sister only sees my daughter once or twice a year. I love how comfortable they all look.

Greyscale, Thanks for the comment. I think so too.

EG, It's the best. Happy New Year.

Babooshka, Thank you. I appreciate that. I was snapping fool during their little tickle, talk fest. I couldn't take enough pictures.

Catherine, Thanks. I agree totally. It is a great moment captured forever. I really should make a copy for my sister.

Starnitesky, Thank you for commenting. It appreciate you taking the time.

ShutterhappyJen, Thanks Jen. I appreciate that. Will visit soon.

GMJ, Bonding is the best.

Uncle, We should do it more often but everyone's schedules are so full and after years of being the one to drive all the time I have stopped.

Michael, Thanks so much. I agree.

Daryl, Thanks. Family can be a wonderful thing. Notice I said CAN?