Welcome to My Photography Blog
This is my new home, to see what I have posted before the move come over here
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
He said yes and headed in. When I peeked in at the end of class, the girls and Handsome were all standing in a line facing the mirror doing a routine. He had all the moves and every once in a while he glanced over to Goddess who had her arms crossed around her chest and appeared to be thinking, "Oh hell no! This is my ballet class."
Whenever he looked at her, without missing a step he would say, "dance Goddess, dance."
Since then he has gone into the class two more times and he loves it. I really can't afford to send him to one other thing but if the teacher wants him in there and I don't have to pay that is fine with me. This can only help his coordination.
- Chassé (sha-SAY): when you “chase,” one foot following the other
- Pas de bourrée (PAH de boo-RAY): when you move quickly with small, linked steps
- Relevé (reh-leh-VAY): when you go up on tiptoe
- Rond de jambe (RON de JAHMB): when you circle your leg around, on the ground, or in the air
- Cabriole (ka-bree-OLE): when you jump and clap your legs together and apart in the air
- Pirouette (peer-WET): when you spin like a top on one leg
- Jeté (juh-TAY): when you leap forward from one foot to the other
- Sauté (soh-TAY): when you jump straight up in the air
- Assemblé (a-sahm-BLAY): when you leap in the air, bring your feet together, and land a ways away
- Chaîné (sheh-NAY): when you link turns together
- Plié (plee-AY): when you bend your knees
- Arabesque (ar-a-BESK): when you stand on one leg with the other leg stretched out in the air behind you
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
This is a photo of an incense burner that was given to me about 10 years ago by my sister-in-law. Santa, is sitting in a chair with a cup in one hand and a coffee pot in the other. Lift up the chair, place the cone incense and the smoke comes through his coffee cup.
My husband and I were big with the incense and candles before kids. Now, Santa just sits next to my wood stove year round.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
I truly love this door. It is the door to my pantry. I love the latch and the handle it reminds me of my grandparents house in Upstate NY. Even if we were to update the kitchen I can't imagine ever changing the door.
As for the hearts. I painted them when I was pregnant with my first baby and planned on putting my kids names on them but still have not done that.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
T also stands for Toys. My daughter is a one women wrecking crew. You know exactly where she has been by the line of toys leading to her.
Monday, December 1, 2008
The Christmas of 2005 was one of my favorite Christmas'. Seeing my son's stocking next to ours was such a moment for me. I always loved my husband but never felt like we were "family" until we had a baby.
I remember when I took this picture. It was so important to document the 3 stockings next to each other. For so many years it had been just the two of us and now we were 3.
Christmas has always been a favorite holiday but my son reinvented it for me.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Some might find sleeping photos disturbing but I think they are beautiful. I have an unbelievable amount of photos of my children...ok...and my husband sleeping. It is when people are most vulnerable and their face shows all their innocence. Sleeping faces are usually peaceful faces and their is nothing like a face void of emotion. No anger, fear, sadness, etc, etc. I think it is when people are at their most beautiful.